Thursday, January 1, 2009

Holiday Recap




As always Decemeber went by way too fast. Here is the recap...
Gideon had his first school Christmas Party. 5 out of 6 of the moms came to help. It was fun to see him with his friends. At times I wondered," Oh no...is this how he acts?" But the other moms were very kind and assured me he's fine at school. Seriously, why do children act better for strangers sometimes???


On Christmas Eve we went to the lights at Temple Square. Koki's mom and brothers joined. It was really Cold. Next year I think we'll do it earlier in the month because then we could enjoy it more. When we got home we let the boys open up their pajamas and then they wrote their letters to Santa. It was cute to see Isaac actually take part in this. Gideon put cookies and milk out for Santa and we told them santa only comes when they're asleep. They didn't buy it, they didn't go to bed till after 11.


Christmas day was so relaxing. We woke up and had a little devotional. The boys were so excited to open the presents that when we finally let them they ended up opening some of everyone's and we had to sort what belonged to who. Jarom was so cute. He was having fun climbing on all the gifts.

Due to the bad weather we were lucky to have both families at Christmas dinner. We always have a prime rib dinner thanks to my mom and dad. I ate so much but it was so worth it. For the first time this year we did a talent show. When we were younger we use to always do one with my mom's family so when I got the call from my mom that we needed to come up with the skit I was excited. Koki's younger brothers came up with our skit. We did a version of the Nativity with a ukulele, a hula dancer, and some poly visitors from Mexico. Gideon dressed up as Joseph. He did such a good job. By the end of the night I learned that my boys love to be on stage, just like their daddy ;).

It was such a great day from beginning to end. I love Christmas time!

5 comments:

Tami said...

sounds fun! talent shows are the best.

Jobi Niu said...

How fun! That is funny that kids do sometimes act better for strangers than us huh? I seriously ate SOOO MUCH over the holidays. How come food is just so amazing?The skits sound fun. :]

The Smiths said...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures. It's nice to see what you and my mom (and brothers) did for Christmas. I love your boys' faces in the present pictures. :) Is it just me or is Jarom going blonde?? I guess I've only ever seen him bald.

Cindi said...

I'd love to see your version of the nativity. It sounds awesome.

Kara's Party Ideas said...

how fun! the holidays came and went so fast! sounds like some great skits!