Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Hot Husband Tag


So I'm stealing this from a friends blog. I thought since Valentine's Day is around the corner I might as well share about my husband.

1. He's sitting in front of the TV, what is on the screen? A boring documentary on KBYU.

2. What dressing does he get on his salad? Anything but Ranch. Although if that's all we have he'll eat it.

3. What's one food he doesn't like? Not really into fish.


(summer of '96)

4. What does he say his first impression of you was? Who stinkin' knows. When I first met him it was in 1996 at a BYU summer camp for multi-cultural students. I had a huge crush on him but didn't let him know that. He says he was so focused on his mission that he wasn't into girls that way. So I would like to say he looked at me and knew we would be married one day BUT most likely he probably just thought I was a nice FRIEND!

5. You go out to the bar. What does he order? Don't do the bar thing but at restraunts he likes to order all the different kinds of lemonades they have.

6. Where did he go to high school? He went to West High in Iowa and then finished at Mountain View in Orem, UT.

7. What size shoe does he wear? 14

8. If he was to collect anything, what would it be? EVERYTHING. My man can pack the house with junk from old mailers to wires and more wires.

9. What is his favorite type of sandwich? He loves anything with honey mustard.

10. What would he eat every day if he could? For dinner he likes BBQ ribs even though I make it like once every century. As an everyday food probably gross candy ie. peeps, Idaho Spuds, black liccorice.

11. What is his favorite cereal? Honey Smacks and Honey Bunches of Oats.


(At a birthday party in '00)

12. What would he never wear? A pink collared shirt, although I have tried to tell him it is masculine and he would look good in it.

13. What is his favorite sports team? Any team he has a relative playing on it.

14. Who will he vote for? Voted for Mccain

15. Who is his best friend? DUH, that would be me. In addition to that he actually has a lot of really good friends from college.


(Engagement Picture)

16. How did he meet you? What is your history before you were married?
So we met back in '96 like I said before. After that summer I went back to California to finish my senior year and he started BYU. A year later I came to BYU and he left on his mission. We didn't keep in touch. In the summer of '99 my dad was the bishop of a ward in Cedar Hills and they had a ward luau. I danced at it and one of my dad's friends came to help with their friend and her son. Little did I know the son was KOKI. I had a boyfriend at the time so I supposedly gave off a stuck up impression to Koki this time around. In my defense I think I was just shy and caught off guard. I saw him at BYU here and there but he always seemed to be by people I didn't know so I would just walk by without saying anythig. Without me knowing my mom saw him at a high school football game and gave him my number. She told him I didn't get out much and that he should call me, EMBARRASING... I didn't know this info. till we started dating or else I would have felt a bit funny. Anyways, we played phone tag and then in January of 2000 I saw him in the WILK while I was buying a poster. This time he did approach me, we started talking and that Saturday we went on our first date. It was actually Koki, me, and like 5 of his roommates. I still count it as a date. We dated for 2 and 1/2 years (that could be another post in itself) and then got married in August of 2002.

17. What is something you do that he wishes you wouldn't do? Wash the dishes right after dinner and put them away. He would like to relax after dinner and get to them later.

18. How many states has he lived in? 3 or 4 I can't remember I know for sure Utah, Texas, and Iowa, maybe Illinois???

19. What is his heritage? Samoan with some other stuff

20. You bake him a cake for his birthday; what would it be? something that I typically wouldn't make. It would NOT include chocolate and probably have some kind of fruit with it.

21. Did he play sports in high school? Basketball and Football

22. What could he spend hours doing? organizing, the trick is I have to get him started. He's also good at lounging.

23 . What's something cool about him? Koki is the most generous guy. I remember on one date we had a conversation about the need to give. He told me he wants his children to be able to give the shoes they wear to someone else if need be. He really is a great example of charity and always want to give to those in need.



I love you honey. You are a "HOT HUSBAND" and I am so glad I was the lucky girl you chose to marry!!!

14 comments:

Cindi said...

It was fun to read your "story" and see the old (not really that old) pictures.

Ruth Done said...

It is really fun to see pictures from when we didn't know you. What a cute thing to do.

Tami said...

ah this was a fun post. and by the way Brent is totally in the background of one of those pictures! fun to take a walk down memory lane - and yes I'd like to hear the separate story of dating for 2.5 years - cuz as frustrated as I would get dating Brent for a year - I always knew you guys had been at it longer... :) hey at least those Attic boys wised up and finally asked us to be their wives.

and they were worth the wait.

Mar and Koki said...

(This is Koki) Thanks, hon for all the nice words. In my defense about the lounging comment...well never mind...I can lounge for along time, especially when there is a kitchen to be cleaned.

Kelli Proctor said...

you guys are the cutest! I love your story, I LOVE to hear how people meet,and I think thats a record at BYU to date for 2 1/2 years! Awesome! I think Rog has him beat on shoe size though, size 15! Yeah, we basically just walk in the store and ask what they have in that size! haha! You guys rock, and youre a hot couple! So the game we were playing was actually called "Poop on your neighbor", those are face cards on their foreheads, it was a fun time!

Jobi Niu said...

WHat a CUTE CUTE post! I loved reading it. You're hilarious. You guys are so cute together. :]

The Smiths said...

Aaaah, that was so cool! I love the old '96 pic- Koki's hair is hilarious! And I totally forgot about your mom giving him your phone number. :) Fun post, Mar!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

yay...these are so fun to read!! i can't believe your mom told him you didn't get out much...i was lauging so hard when i read that! :) hehe! you guys are an adorable couple..

Elissa said...

Awww that was so cute!! Not mushy at all I loved it! We need to get together again, but no fish for Koki! Call us and pencil us in whenever you guys get the chance!!

Jessica Sandberg said...

That was really fun to read and remember some good times. I remember Discovery '96 and how you Koki at the Wilk buying an Ensign. That really defines Koki, doesn't it? You are a lucky girl, and he is equally lucky, too!

david said...

i love the old picture of us. brings back lots of memories. agree with Mar, Koki's generosity is truly admirable. happy new year!

Jen said...

Marion, you are SO photogenic and gorgeous! This is a fun post, thanks for sharing.

Kerri said...

How sweet. I love to hear about how people met and their dating and engagement stories. Not like life dies after that but I do like to hear about them.

Mar and Koki said...

Thanks Jen. That was really nice and generous of you.