Isaac came to me this morning with his dad's clippers. He said," Mom, I cut hair like Dad and Gideon?" Which means- Can you cut my hair like Dad and Gideon's? I have no problem cutting my boys hair. I don't know how you guys do it with girls. I hate doing my boys hair and I especially can't stand when their hair is not done cause no matter how cute their outfit may be if their hair is a mess the outfit won't do a thing for them. You know what I mean? Anyways, I happily agreed to give Isaac a haircut. He was so happy after and kept reminding me that he looks like his Dad and Gideon now.
This is Jarom's new favorite spot in the house. For a hundred of reasons I'm sure you know why I HATE it. For one he's going to break the door off of the dishwasher. The thing that stinks is when I lock the dishwasher he turns the dial to turn it on. How in the world did he figure that one out? Who knows, but what I do know is it is so annoying moving him from the dishwasher over and over and over again. Anyone have ideas on how to lock it? Despite it being annoying I did sacrifice the door of the dishwasher to take the perfect picture for this post. The things we do in the name of our blog.
Gideon woke up from a late nap super happy. He was playing with Jarom and talking my ear off while I was making dinner. In mid-sentence he left to the bathroom and then came right back and started where he left off. He kept telling me how hungry he was and continued to ask if the food was ready. Finally I answered yes to the food being ready and I expected him to be so happy about it but instead he bolted to the bathroom with a shrug and I swear I heard him breathe out really loud. I just ignored him thinking,"Is this kid really trying to give me attitude for dinner taking so long?" He came out of the bathroom and threw himself on the couch with his arms folded and the maddest face he could make. At this point I was getting worried my four year old caught a little bit of my Dr. Jekeyl/Mr. Hyde tendencies. Before I could ask him what was wrong he got up from the couch and ran to the bathroom huffing and puffing. This time he started crying and I could hear him jumping up and down. I ran to the bathroom scared of what I was going to find. Gideon's back was turned towards the toilet, the toilet seat was up, and he was having a breakdown right before my eyes.
ME:Gideon, what's the matter?
G:I can't stop peeing
Me:WHAT?!?!
G: I keep going pee and it won't stop it keeps dripping and dripping
ME: Well the foods ready maybe that will help (I had no idea what would help I just wanted him to stop crying and I wanted to laugh too)
G: NOOOOO!!! I keep having to go.
ME:How about you eat your dinner in front of the TV and I'll turn on a movie for you. Will that help?
G:I don't know but ok.
So the picture is the solution to his bathroom problem. Once the movie started he didn't complain about the bathroom anymore.
4 comments:
Marion - Trevor did the same thing, he got into EVERYTHING and stood on the oven door and played with the burners. I had to take off the knobs and velcro was my best friend. I velcroed the toilet shut, the refrigerator, the oven door, and didn't ever do the dishwasher, but you could. they have self adhesive velcro and it sticks to anything. I really think its a boy thing, because my girls never stood on the over door or climbed where he has climed. I was decorating for christmas one year and was at the top of the ladder and I looked down to come down and Trevor was on the 3rd step. He was born in March and this was December, yes he was only 9 months. He walked at 8 months. Boys are fun. I love your blog. Love you, Tonya
Your boys are so cute! Amen on the hair thing. I can't stand it when Jack's hair isn't done. Thanks for setting up the skating. It was a hit!
Haha! I'm right there with you girlie! Nothing better than a house full of boys! See you Wednesday...because you ARE coming! :)
I'll just take your word for it ;)
Post a Comment