After we said prayer tonight Gideon and I started talking and he said," Mom you're SEXY!" Oh boy, not this again. About a month ago he said the same thing to me and it totally caught me offguard. I started telling him that sexy is more of an adult word and it's nicer if he uses pretty, beautiful, cute, you get the picture. He asked if it's okay to say hot. I told him it's better to use the other words we talked about. Then I asked how he learned about hot and sexy. He just said, "Oh people." Which moved the conversation to a whole different direction.
We talked about him starting school in the Fall and how he is going to learn a lot of things from other kids. Some things may be good but some might be bad and if he ever wondered if something was bad he can ask me or Koki. Here's what followed...
Gideon: So is it bad if we kick someone?
ME: What do you think?
Gideon: I don't know
ME: Well do you think Jesus would kick someone?
Gideon: He did kick people out
ME: He did???
Gideon: Yeah, remember Jesus told Lehi to tell all the bad people he was going to kick them out because they weren't listening.
ME: Oh you're right son. How did you know that?
Gideon: You know (w/a look of duh on his face) the movies we watch
I am so floored by how much a four year old can pick up. Gideon surprises me everyday of what he learns. Gotta love kids interpretations of scripture stories :)
5 comments:
You have had to have a lot of talks. Gideon is such a smart kid.
It is scary the stuff they pick up from school. It can be good and it can be bad! :) Gideon is getting so big!
So cute. I love how these little conversations give you a glimpse of their world and what goes on in their little minds. Hey, you should feel honored your kid's saying your sexy. Mine's telling me I my belly's still fat!
I get a little bit nervous every time Jack leaves the house to play. He always seems to come back with something bad. I am glad that He will tell me and we can have a calm conversation about WHY we shouldn't talk that way, but it doesn't make them bad people. You are such a good mom!
You are such a great mom!
Post a Comment