Thursday, October 22, 2009

Trials

This past week I have heard of several people losing a loved one. Some of these people I have never met but I still feel so sad and sorry for what they may be going through. Tonight I was reading the blog of the wife whose husband passed away suddenly and can't help but cry for her.

I'm always amazed of how other people go through trials and come out so strong. It really makes you step back and appreciate them and their example. I know God has a plan for each of us.

I was reading a talk in a past conference about trials and it said how we all need to have trials but that God is just waiting for us to get through them to bless us. I know that there is a reason for everything.

I love the gospel. I love the knowledge that has been set forth in the scriptures that helps us get through what trials may come our way. I'm blessed for the many examples that have been placed before me of wonderful people living through their trials faithfully. I silently thank them for helping me want to be better. I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true church on this earth and I am blessed to be a part of it.

8 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Seriously loved your post. Thanks for sharing!

Jobi Niu said...

AWww what a sweet post! I loved it. YOu have the sweetest testimony. I appreciate it. It is CRAZY how we survive these trials in life. THank goodness for the Gospel, I hear ya.

Lindsay and Mike said...

I am with you! I watch people go through trials & I am amazed by their courage & grace through extremely difficult situations!

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

I love you Mar, I am so glad to see you back on the blog world. I love your sweetness and love of the gospel. YOu are a great example to me. Thank you for being you.

Heather said...

I am so grateful for you and your beautiful testimony!
I am also grateful for the trials I have had in my life. I know that trials are given to us to strengthen us and I know that the trials I have gone through have made me stronger and given me understanding that I never would have had. I continuously marvel at the strength people have to go through such trials as losing a spouse or a loved one. It makes me grateful for my family.

Sorry for jabbering on, but your post touched me. Thanks for sharing.

Kelli Proctor said...

awww..thanks for sharing your feelings on trials! My experiences I have had myself and the ones that I have watched have always seemed to strengthen those going through the trial...it can go both ways though! We just have to take the trial and try to learn what we need to learn from it and life ussually is better after you look back on it later, and you see why..its so hard though..Heavenly Father always gives strength to those going through it though...thanks so much Marion, you are awesome!

Ruth Done said...

Thanks for your testimony. You are one of the strongest people I know. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

You are amazing like usual....trials make us better, right! Try telling yourself that in the middle of a trial...God is good all the time!