Monday, January 11, 2010

Christmas Break

I really did have a great Christmas break. Unfortunately I lost my camera and my desire to blog about it without pictures was little to none. But now I feel if I don't share then I'll forget so that's where I got the motivation to just sit and do.

The best part about break was my husband was home the WHOLE time. That's one of the great perks of his job. Koki did a ton of selfless service around the house while I pretty much went on personal vacation for 2 weeks. It was Heaven.

We started a new tradition this year on Christmas Eve. We went to a retirement home with my family and my aunt's family. We sang them Christmas Carols and even did a couple of dances for them. I wish I took pictures of our girl's dance. We literally got to the home the boys started singing and my aunt taught the girls a hula in 10 minutes. That should tell you how well the dance went. Let's just say after it was done Koki said," Honey, you're not suppose to be so obvious when you mess up. You were laughing so hard!" I couldn't help it.

Christmas day was awesome we had it at my brother Jasen's house. The food was incredible prime rib, tri-tip, saute'd mushrooms, bakes potatos, etc. I was full all day. We sang kareoke late into the night and then watched some mid-night movies. We all spent the night at his house woke up and started eating again. I don't even know how much weight I gained in that 24 hour time frame. But it was worth it.

My birthday fell on a Sunday this year. I thought it was going to be so boring. It ended up being perfect. Koki pampered me all day and then invited some friends over for dessert that night. The next day I went with my sisters, aunt, and mom for a girl's night out. We stayed at a hotel and pretty much just laughed and played. I think that's a tradition I'd like to keep going :)

New Year's Eve was at Jasen's house again. The majority of the family went to a dance but by midnight everyone was back wishing happy new year's to all.

If I ever find my camera I'll update this post with pictures. I did have a wonderful break and we are very excited for all the great things that are going to happen in 2010!

5 comments:

Kawa Rangers said...

Happy late birthday!! Miss you. Hope we can hang out soon.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Glad you had a Merry Christmas!

Tiffany said...

I think my family should adopt your new birthday tradition!

Utah Mom said...

I'm so glad you had a good Christmas season. Happy birthday, belated. And I hope you find your camera.

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

I am so excited to see you back on your blog. I love keeping up with your adorable family. Sounds like Koko was "HUSBAND of the YEAR" like always. Love you