Friday we were given the greatest news and it has finally brought me to the point where it's time to share. The last couple of months I've been sleeping the day away, eating random gas station food, and crying at EVERYTHING, even when people are eliminated on Dancing with The Stars. Sound Familiar????
If you haven't guessed Koki and I are expecting child #5!!!!!! I'm 16 weeks and due November 8th. We're all very excited. I've been waiting and waiting before I officially said or wrote anything because I was scared. At the beginning of last year I had a miscarriage and everyone knows about our experience with our daughter Joy. With both things I've been on the edge with this pregnancy. I kept thinking one more week and then it'll be safe to share the news. That one week would've went on forever until Friday.
We went in to get an ultra sound because I was having some abdominal pain. At first the tech was very adamant that she was only to check for certain things and didn't have any orders to check the baby. By the end of the appointment she warmed up and agreed to "unofficially" check on the baby. I am always so relieved when I see the baby moving and a heartbeat. We thanked her over and over and then she asked the golden question," Do you want to know what you're having?" It took about a half a second for both of us to shout, "YES!"
My heart was racing. My eyes were glued to that monitor and then I saw the tech type,"GIRL". Immediate tears ran down my face. I can't describe the emotions I felt laying on that bed. I thought about my daughter Joy and the experience we had with her. Ironically thinking of Joy gave me the comfort everything was going to be okay.
I've been scared of losing this baby and I can't say that the fear is gone but what I was blessed with Friday was the knowledge of how real God is to me and that He knows and loves me. I've longed to have a daughter. I always wondered what it would've been like if Joy were alive and well with our family today. I feel like Heavenly Father is blessing me with her sister and I can't tell you how amazing that feels. Thinking about Joy reminds me that there is a plan for me and my family. I hope and pray I will continue to have a healthy pregnancy but in the end as long as I remember He knows all everything will be just fine.
10 comments:
WoHoooooooo!!!! I am so so so so excited for you! A couple months ago I noticed you were often gone or tired or just a little different and I told Justin that I was hoping you were pregnant and knew that I just had to keep my fingers crossed until you were ready! You are an amazing woman and I know that the Lord will bless you and your family. Our prayers are always with you!
So excited for you guys Mar! And I'm glad the secret's out ... that was a tough one to keep quiet. :) Love ya.
Could not be more thrilled for you and the family. I have no doubt that Joy is excited to help send her sister down to earth while she watches over all of you. ((hugs))
Ahhhhh!!!! I'm sooooo excited for you. I'm bawling. Couldn't be more thrilled for you guys. :) love you so so much! Can't wait to see your gorgeous daughter!!
that is so wonderful!!!!! So excited for you guys! That is awesome! Good luck!!!!!
so thrilled for you!! i'm running downstairs now to tell Brent. i'm impressed you kept it a secret that long! couldn't have been easy. congrats to you guys - you will love having a little girl around.
Yeah! So happy for you. Maybe we can take a gas station run together! Please let me know if you need anything.
Thanks for making me cry;) I'm so excited for you guys. You better start taking it easier at b-ball..haha. Can't wait to see how beautiful she is:)
Awww Mar, that is sooo exciting! I realize I'm a little late on the congrats! Soooo soooo excited for you and Koki! We need to get together soon.
Post a Comment