Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Joslyn Cline is Here


Our daughter was dying to make her entrance into this world. I think we went to the hospital at least four times to stop the pre-term labor. I was on medication, Koki gave me weekly shots at home, and I was refrained from physical activity at 22 weeks to make sure she didn't come too early. It's an understatement to say it was so worth it.

From the beginning of the pregnancy our plan was to have an amniocentesis at 37 weeks and deliver the next day if her lungs were mature. We surprisingly made it to our 37 week appointment. Our appointment was at American Fork hospital at 8:45 am. When the tech did the ultrasound it took a while before the doctor came in to see us. I thought that was weird cause we were the first appointment. I remember telling Koki something wasn't right. The doctor finally came in and told us my fluid was low and the umbilical cord was wrapped around the babies neck twice. She assured us the situation wasn't critical but asked how I felt about delivering that day. Absolutely!

We were admitted to the hospital and basically waited till it was our turn in the operating room. We had so much wait time Koki was able to go home to get our stuff and check Gideon out of school. It wasn't till about 3:30pm that they walked me back to the operating room to prep for the c-section. This was my 4th c-section but for some reason I was so nervous. At 4:21 pm Joslyn Ah You Cline was born (when our doctor pulled her out she pooped and peed on him. Good stuff).

We are so excited to have our little girl. She has already taken control of our house and we all love it!
Right after we were admitted we thought it was time to
take a picture. (This was before Koki left to pick up Gideon)
Just Chillin'
Thank goodness for TV in the hospital rooms. The boys and their cousin
did great waiting for their sister.
She didn't like the nurse to0 much
One of her first pictures
Meeting my daughter for the first time
Joslyn's fan club


1 comment:

BBC said...

congratulations marion and koki! she's gorgeous! i'm so glad she made it into the world safely!