Monday, July 1, 2013

Nauvoo

Koki and I decided we wanted to get away without the kids before we have our baby.  We've gone away before but usually it was with a baby, at a work conference, or overnight. This time it was just the two of us and for a week. It was awesome. We slept in, watched movies in the middle of the day, ate whatever we wanted, and went anywhere our little hearts desired. We will totally be making this a new tradition. 
Its amazing how fast and easy it is to travel without a baby/kids. We had a layover
in Dallas for three hours and just chilled and watched a movie. 
When we were deciding where to go we thought about doing the beach thing. That
 lasted a second, wasn't really feeling a bathing suit. We decided on Iowa and Nauvoo. Koki's brother lives in Iowa (we don't see him much) and I've always wanted to go to Nauvoo. 
Our nephews chase and Mason. They were bummed when we showed
up without their cousins. We promised we'd bring them next time.
Our visit to Carthage Jail. Amazing experience.

The outside of the jail

This was the room Joseph and Hyrum were in when they got shot.

The original door with the gunshot hole in it.

Visiting the brickyard

It was neat to go to the different shops in Nauvoo and lean how 
the saints functioned and lived

A replica of the wagons they took.

Loved seen how they may have packed for their Journey to Utah

I made my husband pose even though it was so hot in this room

I thought our boys would like to see the tools they used

I really enjoyed visiting the houses of the prophets and learning about them.
This was John Taylor's home. He made the little rocking horse.


Not sure why, Koki wanted to take a picture of me by the bathrooms. I will
say they were very clean inside :)

These ferry's were used to put the wagons on to cross the river.

We went by Koki's high school. This picture was still up in the halls. Koki representing
in the front row.



No comments: