Thursday, March 24, 2016

A Typical Day

                                     

Right now the three younger kids are upstairs cleaning the girls room. The incentive for cleaning, a princess movie. It's 12:05 pm. Lets rewind...

 My day started at 1:30 am when Sale woke up screaming. He needed me to console him and give him his best friend, the binky. After a few hours of both of us tossing and turning on the little couch in his room he was finally in a deep enough sleep that I could put him back in his crib and return to my comfy bed. Looked at the clock when I got back to my room, 4:30 am.

6:50ish -  I hear a lot of feet walking around. I peek at the clock.  Right about now I'm regretting the deal I made with Jarom last night. What was the deal?? My smart seven year old convinced me to allow him and Gideon to play the x box if they wake up and get all their chores done before school. The problem with this deal is my boys wake up soooooo early so they can get the maximum game time possible. Note to self: Next time they are not allowed to get out of bed before 7:20. (Side Note- Isaac woke up early too because he was going to work with Koki for a few hours then they were going to a movie for getting good grades).

7:something - I feel Koki kiss my forehead. Then shortly after his car starts. He's off to work with Isaac. Baby starts crying. Thank goodness my boys are so good with their little brother and I can keep my eyes closed.

7:20 I finally get out of bed. Check on the boys. X Box is in full motion. Gideon immediately assures me their chores are all done and they are ready for school. Sale is just playing in their room with them. The boys get a little more time before I turn off the game. I take Sale in his room and go back to the couch. He finished his bottle. I read a conference talk, a chapter in the B of M, then waste time on FB. Sale's eyes close and he start to snore. I put him in his bed.

8 am- Xbox is shut down. Sale is screaming in his crib. I'm making pancakes for the kids ( Jarom was in SHOCK when I said I'd make breakfast. I guess I haven't done it in a while. I blame it on my lack of sleep)

8:16 Sale is still crying but I can hear that he's starting to wind down

8:18 Sale is back to his full blown crying. Joslyn is up and yells ," Mom! Sale is crying " Don't open his door Jos. Too late. She already did. Jarom runs in to his rescue and brings him downstairs. We'll try this self soothing later

8:20 Everyone is eating pancakes. Jaycie is up now and comes downstairs to eat.She doesn't like to mini pancakes I made her. She picks it up off of her plate and starts crying that she wants a big one. I tell  her that a big one is coming so she happily puts the mini pancakes back on her plate and starts eating.

8:50 Jarom and Gideon are ready for school. We say prayer and they are off

9:30 The girls start to fight about whose my best friend. Joslyn runs upstairs screaming ," I'M NEVER GOING TO BE YOUR BEST FRIEND MOM!!!" Jaycie runs and hugs me with a big smile on her face.

9:45 I turn on the tv and start to feed Sale some pancakes. His eyes get heavy.

10:30 Sale is back in his crib sleeping

10:35 I tell the girls to get dressed, brush their teeth, clean their room, and Jos needs to empty her trashes. When they're done they get hot chocolate and can watch their movie.

11:00 Time for me to eat. Feeling tired. I encourage the girls to hurry with their stuff so they can watch a movie and I can take a little nap.

11:40: Joslyn runs downstairs and tells me Jaycie went into Sale's room and now he is up.

12:20 My nap time no longer exists. Girls are done and go in the back to play

The day just got busier and I wasn't able to finish this wonderful time line. At lease a glimpse in our life was achieved. Good Times. Never a dull moment in our house.



No comments: