When I woke up this morning there was never a question whether or not I was going to church. That changed 15 minutes before it was to start. Sale got in a mood and then I got in a mood. I even took a picture to send Koki to show what I was dealing with. I left Sale crying in the bathroom, went downstairs, sat on the couch, and decided I didn’t want to go to church anymore.
Minutes later Sale came down ready to go. My guilt got me in the car. When we got there I told Sale to go in, his dad was waiting for him. I wasn’t going in. I didn’t want to. I sat in the car and started watching the church service on zoom. I had a thought about my older boys. I knew they would ask why I didn’t go. I went in.
It didn’t take long for me to feel peace once I was there. The messages spoke to my soul. I knew I made the right decision for myself.
To my kids, we make choices everyday. Don’t let our choices be swayed so easily. Stay firm. Stay committed to what you know is right. I’m actually very grateful the thought of you kids came to my mind because that alone got me to walk in those chapel doors today. I love my family. I love the church. I know the teaching of Jesus Christ are found in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Stay true. Stay firm. Keep believing. Love Mom

No comments:
Post a Comment