Monday, October 13, 2008

I Love Water

This was my kitchen sink for a few days. It was HORRIBLE. I grew up in a house where my mom never had dirty dishes in her sink. As soon as she was done using a dish for cooking she cleaned it and put it back. So, I too like a clean, empty sink.

When I came home one day I saw the ugly brown plastic bag on the faucet. Of, course I was in denial and took the bag off to wash a few dishes. I actually waited for Koki to leave the room before I attempted using the sink. I thought I could use the sink by tying a rag around the base of the faucet. Seemed to be working until Koki came in the kitchen and told me water was leaking all over the counters down to the floor...OOPS, my bad. I honestly didn't see all the water. I thought my "magic" rag was getting all of it.

I painfully had to live with this ugly looking mess for like three days. At first we were bringing some water we store in the basement and using that to wash the dishes. It took so LONG. I think I used a whole gallon of water just to wash a couple pots. Seriously you don't realize how much water you go through a day till you don't have it anymore. Koki brought our camping shower down (big black ugly bag on the counter) to use as a water source till we fixed the sink. It was better but I still tried to use as little dishes as possible when I cooked. After this experience we went and bought two big water barrels for our food storage. All I can say is...I LOVE LOVE LOVE water. Especially when it comes out of the faucet like it's suppose to.

1 comment:

budandlissa said...

I'm very glad you haven't seen my kitchen sink! :) dishes are definitely not my high point. It's awesome that you are so good about keeping it so clean! You're my hero!