Thanks Bryson :) Since Koki has been in Young Men's he has been on several campouts. I was actually surprised when he called on the way home and said he was so full. That's a good sign of a great campout for Koki!
While the boys were gone Jarom and I went to Girl's Night in the neighborhood. It was so nice to have a place to go and not be stuck in front of the TV all night. I kept watching the clock cause I knew I needed to go home and work on my talk for Sunday. We finally left around 9:45 but by the time I got Jarom in bed and settled I didn't start looking over my talk till about 11 and by 12:30 I fell asleep.
Saturday I wanted to clean the garage out as part of Koki's Father's Day present. I wish I took a before picture because it was a mess. But here's the final product...
Koki came home and was so excited. He said that was the best present. What an easy guy to please :) Later that night we went out with some of our friend's from college Chris and Andrea. It was so great to see them. I think it's been like 4 years. After we went to Big 5 and got an awesome deal on sleeping bags. Then we hit, Wal Mart, Ross, Smith's and finally at 10 we were ready to go pick up our boys from my sister's and head home.
Sunday morning didn't go as I imagined. Although I did get the boys clothes ready and make Koki breakfast I didn't actually have time to eat breakfast with him. I didn't even get the boys dressed. In the past I have tried to give koki the day off but as the time kept going by I was getting more and more stressed. I still didn't feel ready for my talk. Koki woke up at 8:15 and by that time I had been up for 2 hours and was suppose to be at church by 8:30. So when I went upstairs in our room I just
said," Your breakfast is ready downstairs oh and Happy Father's Day." He could tell the stress on my face and told me thanks and don't worry about the boys I could just go to church. What a great guy! I kept telling him sorry about the morning but he told me not to worry about it.
After church we were all so tired. I asked Koki how he would feel about a Father's Day nap and he just smiled. So that's exactly what we did. We all slept for almost three hours and then we were off to dinner at my sister Irene's house. Dinner was delicious. The boys had a steak dinner. Koki's steak was so big he couldn't even finish it. We have a tradition of having a devotional and at the end sharing our feelings about the dad's in the room.
I love my dad. He is such a great example of how a dad should be. He has always treated my mom like a queen. In high school we were only allowed to go out one weekend night because he didn't like us to be away from him. Which is also the reason why we hardly spent the night at other people's houses.
My husband is pretty wonderful too. When we first started dating we baby sat for my siblings all the time and I remember writing how cute Koki was with my nieces and nephews in my journal. I loved watching him with kids and now I get to watch him everyday with our kids. My kids are so blessed to have him as their dad.
My Dad with his Favorite Daughter ;)
After dinner Koki and I took time out to strike a pose
Gideon with Papa and Gigi
We tried to take a family picture 3 times. This is the best we got.
9 comments:
that was nice, though it's a bit hard for me to believe that Koki couldn't finish his steak...
dang- wish we could've joined up for that dinner with Chris and Andrea. sounds fun!
I love, love, love the boys faces in the family picture. Too cute!
Love it Love it Love it. You are so cute Mar. How did your talk go? and was it on Father's? You are a great mom and I love to keep up with your family through your blog. Keep it up, I love it!!! Love you Mar, your favorite cousin, Tonya hahahaha
I bet your talk was awesome! I should have cleaned out the garage for Josh for Fathers day too...we need it! :) That was a cute idea and the sign on the garage wall was adorable!
Hey SKINNY MINNIE!!! How cute is your family?? I bet your talk was AWESOME.. We were outta town, sad I missed it.
You are so cute! You always do such thoughtful gifts! I love it! What a cute family!
Your talk was so good on Sunday. Thanks. What a cute dad!
Can you come help me clean? I need to get my basement organized asap...
How are you guys? Need to get together soon.
Post a Comment