Thursday, March 25, 2010

"...Drain it out"


A couple of weeks ago Koki gave an FHE lesson on things we can do when we get angry. Our boys are starting to do lots of yelling tantrums and this was the perfect lesson to teach them some other tools to let their frustrations out. He told them about some songs to sing and some breathing techniques. Every now and then the boys will remind each other what their dad taught them.

Tonight Isaac went pee in his pants. I had my husbands voice in my head and instead of yelling at the kid I just made grunting noises and walked away. Isaac followed me downstairs and asked if I was mad at him to which I replied," I just want you to stop peeing your pants!" Then he said," MOM, remember what dad said? I wasn't quite sure what he was referring to but then he started singing," If you're angry and you know it drain it out, If you're angry and you know it drain it out..." I started laughing and Isaac had a big smile on his face. He accomplished the mission of helping me not be mad at him :)

3 comments:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Soooooooo cute! I'll have to teach that one to my boys!

Candice said...

That's such a good idea! We have a lot of tantrums at our house too...and a lot of wet pants. :)

Tiffany said...

LOL... seriously so FUNNY!