Last weekend we surprised my mom for her 60th birthday. Her actual birthday isn't until the 18th but my dad and her always go away for that so we decided to celebrate a week early. My two little brothers flew in and Friday morning we all drove to my mom's and shocked her out of her mind. My mom kept saying it was the BEST birthday present ever. We had a big family slumber party at my older brother's house and just enjoyed celebrating my mom and being with each other.

My brother CJ found out he needed a doctor's second opinion the day before he was flying out so they made him an appointment in Utah right when he landed. The doctor's office didn't realize they were hosting a family reunion that morning :)

My brother Matt's baby Jayda. Being very patient at the doctor's with a sucker.

S..U..R..P..R..I..S..E

I called my mom the night before and asked if she'd go with me to a doctor's appointment to
help with the baby. That morning I had to keep calling her and making excuses why I
hadn't picked her up yet but really
we were waiting for CJ's dr. appointment to be done. When we got to my mom's she was on the driveway waiting for me. Good thing it was a surprise because I'm pretty sure I was in trouble LOL.

My mom didn't have her glasses on so it took her a little bit to realize
CJ was yelling at her. When she did she just cried.

Mom said that first she saw CJ then Matt and Kay and she thought she was in the
twilight zone. She was so confused and couldn't believe what she was seeing.



Funny story...my brother's wanted to stop by the high school to say hi to our oldest niece. When they went to call her out the teacher said she didn't show up to class. She DiTcHEd! We got a good laugh out of that.

When we were growing up my parent's favorite sport was racquetball. We rented out a court at Noah's
that morning and tested my mom's skills to see if she still got it...She DOES!

CJ and mom were the unstoppable team


The chillin' room. Matt and Koki waiting for their turn.

Matt and Kay got their pedicures in Cali before they came so they were the
photographers.
Tor came when she got off of work too. Yummy.
Tor with the little brother's
Rene taking her turn
(Koki had meetings that morning and my kids were still sleeping so I said good bye at the house)










4 comments:
I loved it Marion!!!! It gave me the chills when I saw your mom's face being surprised!!! You guys are awesome!!! That would be the greatest gift ever, to have all of your children together. Love you
Love your posts! Hope you are doing well.
Just went on your blog since I was thinking of you today and went back and read all the posts I hadn't read.
Tell your mom Happy Birthday. She's such a special lady. I have many fond memories of her.
It was so sweet to see little Jocyln and how big and beautiful she is.
Miss you.
Awesome Mar! I haven't checked your blog in a while ... WHAT A FUN SURPRISE that you've actually blogged! And a LOT! Great pics and fun posts girl. I LAUGHED so hard at your niece not being in class when they stopped by. HAHA ....that is too funny.
Post a Comment