Friday, February 8, 2013

The school sent home WHAT?!?!

Isaac came rushing in the door today after school so excited to show me something. 
Then he pulls this out of his bag.
Immediately I am alarmed and start taking a couple paces back.  I ask him if there is an animal
inside and he says YES ( big smile on his face).  I start yelling for him not
 to open it and panic takes over. Apparently my husband has taught my children to go for a reaction because  he starts twisting the lid off. Now I take big steps back and am cursing in my head at the teacher for 
sending an animal home without my permission. 
The lid comes off and I see this. Naturally I scream and all my boys
 and their friends start laughing
 at me. I was expecting a little hermit crab or something
 smaller than my hand. Not a gigantic
animal with black fur. What the heck!! Send a note 
home teacher, I don't want your
stupid class pet. At this point my boys can't
 stop laughing and Isaac pulls the creature out...

In between laughs he says, " MOM, its a stuffed animal!" At that point we all start laughing. Now my boys think I'm afraid of ALL animals real and stuffed (In my defense that head of  fur looked plenty real to me).

1 comment:

Jessica Sandberg said...

You are too funny, Mar. What I would have given to be there!