
All the boys are in Jr. Jazz right now. Its actually been a crazy season. Koki is coaching Jarom and Isaac's team (He was coaching a more competitive team of Gideon's too but we decided to put that league on hold). I love going to all of their games. It reminds me of when I was youger and all 6 of us would play soccer.
Gideon is our very smooth player. He reminds me a lot of his dad. I noticed throughout the game he kept passing it to one kid in particular. He was even passing it when he could have easily taken the shot. After the game we were in the car and I asked him how come he didn't want to take the shots. He said before the game he heard the teammates dad tell him to make a basket so he wanted to keep giving him the ball. Then he said, "Mom, I feel so bad about that kid that fell. That was my fault."
During the game a kid from the other team fell and then got his foot stepped on. He started crying and left the game. He never went back in. I noticed after the game he was talking to his family and they were trying to cheer him up. I saw Gideon go up to the boy and say he was sorry. The mom and dad told Gideon thank you as as he walked away they both said that was so nice of him and he wasn't even the one that did it.
Gideon is just such a good kid. He has so much compassion for people. He's such a great example to me. Love that no matter where he is or what he is doing he is always concerned for others.
No comments:
Post a Comment