Thursday, September 11, 2014
Potty Training...Not
Let me start by saying I HATE potty training. I dread it. I don't do it. Its one of those things I've always been like when they're ready they'll start using the toilet.
Two days ago Joslyn found some panties. She took her diaper off and put the panties on. I told her if she was wasn't going to wear a diaper she needed to go pee and poo on the toilet. That's exactly what she did she ran to the bathroom and went #2 all on her own. I was so proud. I always heard girls were easier to train but this was cake. She only had one accident that day and even was dry the whole night.
Then yesterday happened. One time I asked Jos do you have to go to the bathroom, No. I go in the kitchen and turn around to a two year old standing in a puddle ughh. First time I think okay she just had a little accident. Nice mommy will still play this potty training game. I Assured her it was okay and that she's a big girl. Got another pair of panties and reminded her only she gets to wear those not Jaycie.
What happens two hours later?? I find her in the bathroom, yay... but she peed in her pants next to the toilet!! I'm thinking,"For the love. I am NOT going to be doing this all day." I have the talk with her. You know the one where you ask the child if they are sure they want to wear panties cause if so they need to use the toilet. Yes panties Mom. Okay one more chance.
Let's just say by the night time the panties were all in the washer and the diaper was back on. This morning she woke up and said, " Mom my legs are dry." Well for my sanity and happiness we are going to keep that diaper on till she literally teaches herself .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment