Sunday, December 31, 2017

Christmas Break

We had a lot of fun during Christmas break. It seemed to go by very fast this year. The kids got out of school on Wed, December 20th and we were to leave for Vegas for the Cline family Christmas Thursday. Koki was supposed to work Thursday but ended up taking it off so we could get to Vegas at a good time.

 Our kids were so excited for the road trip. Gideon decided we needed to fix the DVD player in the Yukon before the trip. We had the movie Anastasia stuck in there for about 6 months because the eject button broke and the boys DID NOT want to watch it one more time. I was sitting on the couch when Gideon and Jarom ran in screaming that they took the movie out of the machine. That was so exciting. The next day Gideon said he was going to work on it more and actually figured out a way to make a new eject button. He reminds me of his dad. The boys were so excited that Gideon fixed the dvd player for the trip. It was a great way to start the vacation.

Joslyn was very worried that Santa wouldn't know where to send the presents. She had Isaac help her write a letter to Santa to make sure he brought their gifts to Las Vegas. She talked about Santa a lot this year and was so excited about all things Christmas. She made sure to tell me she asked Santa for a doll and Jaycie asked for a train. Christmas eve she ran in to our room and said she talked to Santa because Uncle Gordon had his number. She said she asked Santa for one more thing, green nail polish. I told her Santa would try his best but he was very busy. Luckily Aunt Nancy had an in with Santa and helped make sure she got her nail polish. When she opened it Christmas morning she happily exclaimed, " Santa got me my green nail polish!!!!" It was awesome to see how happy she got. (btw, Santa also got her doll and Jaycie's train so he did really good with the request this year.)

The day before we left I got really sick. I barely got out of bed. The only reason I did was cause there were a few last minute things I needed to get before we left. While checking out at Wal Mart I thre up and had to run out of the store. I pushed myself to one more stop and then went home and straight to bed for the rest of the night. I was really worried I'd have to travel sick but thank to a priesthood blessing and rest by the next day I was better and ready to go.

Everyone in Koki's family was there. It was awesome to see them. The older boys were a little shy the first day or so but by the end of day 2 they all hung out like they had seen each other on a daily basis. Isaac and jarom were fish. They swam everyday but Sunday. They typically woke up and got right in their swim trunks. They would be the last ones swimming at night too. We went to a park, the movies, and Gideon was spoiled by his Aunt Nancy and got to go to a buffet (the rest of us stayed home).

A ton of memories were made. It was a wonderful Christmas break.


























No comments: