Thursday, August 23, 2018

God's Hand

There have been so many times this year where the hand of the Lord has been so evident. Recently we have had some really good friends go through a very difficult time. A few Sunday's ago before I went to church I said a prayer and asked if I could help someone that day. It wasn't something new but definitely something I hadn't been doing consistently. We went to church. Koki was on the stand (he was recently called as the first counselor in the Bishopric) and the two younger kids were struggling. I decided at the end of sacrament meeting enough was enough and I took Jaycie and Sale out. We ended up running into our cousins Crystal and Dennis Brown. They asked if we bought a new car and then wanted to see it so we all went out to look at Koki's car. On my way back in to church my close friend was walking up with her kids and her head was down. I told her its been a rough day and when she looked up she just started to cry. She didn't know why she was there. We hugged and she went on to tell me the week was really hard they found out about some abuse that had been going on and she just didn't want to be at church. I just let her cry and kept hugging her and telling her she could do it. Soon her husband walked by and he took over in consoling his sweet wife. Later that night when we went for a walk we happened to run into them again. This time we had the kids go home so we could talk if they wanted and they did. They told us about their last week and how much of a nightmare its been for them. She told me she knew it wasn't a coincidence that I was outside of church when she was walking in struggling and I told her about my prayer that morning. We both just cried and I right then was so grateful for a Father that knows exactly what his kids need.

Fast forward to this past Tuesday Koki and I went to the temple and were in the Celestial Room. Without knowing we were both praying for this sweet family and how to help. When I opened my eyes I see my friend and her husband walking towards us. They were in the Celestial room too.

There are no coincidences. God is all knowing and I really hope I teach my kids when they are having a hard time and they feel alone He is always there and will send help when we need it.

No comments: