Wednesday, October 10, 2018

A Simple Reminder

Yesterday I was getting ready to leave the house for the day. I had to take Maelia and Cruz home (they spent the night and did awesome). Kay said she'd watch the kids while I went to the temple. I was in the hurried stage of trying to get in the car. I kept noticing the kids phone plugged in by my bed. There were several times I had the thought to take it but shrugged it off because I already had my phone that was fully charged. As I was finally ready to leave I passed the phone a last time and finally gave in to the feeling that I should take it with me. I threw the kids phone in my purse and was off.

After the temple and a few errands I was loading the Yukon at Costco and realized I didn't have my phone.  I was running late and knew Jarom and Joslyn were going to be getting out of school soon. Did I leave it in Costco? Should I go retrace my steps making me really really late for Jarom and Joslyn? Or was it at Tucanos (the stop I made before Costco)? Suddenly it hit me, " I HAVE THE KIDS PHONE!" I used their phone to call my phone. I was hoping if I did leave it at Costco someone would hear it, answer it, and lead me back to it. After several rings no answer. I tried again but nothing. Last time, ring ring ring...Hello, are you looking for your phone? Yes I am. You left it at Tucanos I have it at the front desk. Amazing.

Driving home I thought how amazing God was. Some people may think it a coincidence I happened to have my kids phone. I chose to believe God knew his daughter would need a little help and gave me the extra nudge needed to get back in a timely matter for Jarom and Jos.

Very grateful for a Father in Heaven that cares about the little things in our lives because it matters to us.

No comments: