I can not believe August just came and went. I’m so sad I started slacking with the blog. A few things from the last week.
Isaac and the Vaea boys. We sure miss them living by us.
1st Sunday FHE potluck at our house
After dinner we watched the new Mulan movie
During the movie Matty threw me his phone to show me this! So proud of Gideon. He’s only been playing defensive end for three weeks. It’s pretty awesome.
I rented jet skiis for Labor Day this past Monday. On our way to pick them up I got a call that there were no more skiis to rent out. They had some that people decided to keep another day. I was totally bummed. The guy said he did have a boat we could take. I wasn’t going to but Koki and the boys were excited about it and said to get the boat. When we got there it was a bit ghetto for me. I almost backed out but the boys still wanted it so we took it. I was actually really impressed with Koki driving it. The last time he drove a boat he was a teenager. The kids loved it. They had a lot of fun on the tube. Gideon and Isaac tried wake boarding. Gideon was able to stand but Isaac unfortunately was not. He was pretty bummed and frustrated. It didn’t help that the water was really choppy. The boat ended up being a hit. There was a little snag at the end when Koki was trying to get it on the trailer. He accidentally hit another person’s trailer with the boat. The guy was nice about it and is going to fix it himself. It’s going to be $200. At least he’s not going through our insurance. I don’t think I’ll ever rent a boat again but I definitely would do jet skiis. That night all the kids said thank you so many times. I was really happy they had such a great time.
The boat we rented
The damage to the trailer Koki hit
No comments:
Post a Comment