Koki and I decided to take the kids to our cities movie in the park. There were tons of people. We were told the movie was going to start at 8pm so we got there around 7:30ish. I thought oh this is going to be great. We got our spot, our treats, we're good! But then 8 o'clock came and still no movie. Of course Gideon and Isaac started to get anxious. Isaac went to a strangers popcorn bowl and helped himself to some. Gideon was jumping from blanket to blanket hyper from all the candy he kept eating. Meanwhile Jarom started to wake up and so I was holding him. We kept looking at the clock. Oh my goodness, start the movie already.
Finally we see the movie screen go up. Woohoo!!! It's about 9 o'clock now. I'm thinking smooth sailing from here. But then the mayor starts to speak and no one can hear a word she's saying. By this time I'm thinking,"What the heck...just turn the stupid movie on." I don't even know if the boys even want to watch the movie anymore but the choice is no longer there. We've been waiting this long its cold and we're going to watch this movie whether they want to or not.
Although parts of our night got a little rough it was fun. Here's a mental reminder for next time...Don't go early to a movie in the park #1 The movie can't start till the sun is down. #2 It's a park. There are plenty of spots for everyone so just relax and don't worry about getting the best spot because there isn't one.
2 comments:
And that's why....we're always late :)
How funny. This sounds like many of our "outings." Ok, and I'm totally jealous it's June in Utah and you guys are wearing light jackets. Try living in a place where its already triple digits in June!
Post a Comment