Friday, August 29, 2008

Gideon My Gideon Coo Coo Coo!!!


Birthday Breakfast
Water party with the neighbors.

Family camping w/our birthday boy
When Koki comes home from work he usually greets Gideon with, " Gideon My Gideon Coo Coo Coo. He started it when he was a baby and it just stuck. It's crazy that our son is four years old now. His birthday was actually August 15th but the month went by so fast that I didn't have a chance to write about it. You know as a mom you don't want to do something for one kid and not the other ;)

When we found out we were pregnant with Gideon we knew God was blessing us. We were on pins and needles with his pregnancy. I remember going in 6 weeks before my due date because my contractions wouldn't stop. They gave me so many drugs and nothing worked. Koki and I knew that he was on his way and nothing was stopping him. The nurse came in our room and told us there were 2 options. #1 Do more drugs that would wipe me out and try to stop the contractions or #2 Go ahead with the c-section (he was breach). We felt good about option #2.
The delivery went smoothly. Gideon had to stay in the NICU for two and a half weeks to mature a little more and then we took him home. He has been a healthy and happy little boy since.

I love my Gideon. He has a talent to make everyone in our family happy. Sometimes he'll say, "Mom, How come your face is like that? Are you mad?" He knows how to make us smile :) If you ask anyone in my family they will tell you Gideon is my nurturing child. He always helps me take care of his brothers. I can count on him to get me a diaper or play with Jarom if I need to do something. He is just a great kid.

Happy Birthday Son, I love you sooooo much!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

happy birthday gideon! looks like a lot of fun! your patio is awesome..is it stamped? i love it!

Tiffany said...

Hey just found your blog! Hopefully you are all recovered from this morning!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I can't believe he's 4 already! I remember visiting you in the hospital when he was born! That seems like 1 year ago, not 4!!!

Cindi said...

Looks like a fun birthday party. Awesome.

Jessica Sandberg said...

Happy birthday little Gideon! I can't believe he's already four, Mar. He's such a handsome little one, too. I'm totally in love with his eyes. Glad you hear he had a good celebration.

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

Marion You are sooooo cute and such a great mom. I love looking at your blog. Thanks for inspiring me. Your kids are adorable. Love you cuz, Tonya

Amanda said...

I can't believe he's that old! I remember going with you into the NICU and I couldn't believe what a cute, tiny little guys he was. Time sure flies!

Happy Birthday Gideon!