Yesterday Gideon woke up from his nap and complained about his stomach bothering him. At first I just thought he wanted some attention. I'll be the first to admit the better parent to go to when sick is Koki. He is so much more sensitive and attentive to the boys than I am. I usually have to be nudged when a kid falls to go and comfort them. I don't know. I guess I just think if they aren't bleeding they'll be fine.
Anyways, Gideon came to me for some sympathy and help so I told him to lay down and I'll turn on a movie ( cause that fixes everything right???). After about two minutes he came to me again and was rubbing his stomach complaining, " Mom, my stomach STILL hurts." What the movie didn't heal it? Okay, let's try some Sprite. I always felt better when my mom let me drink soda for sure this will work. Wrong again. He actually took one sip and didn't want to drink anymore. I knew when he turned down Sprite it actually was more serious then I thought. Time for me to act like a responsible mother. I asked him, "Gideon, do you want daddy to give you a blessing?" He looked at me like I finally got it right and said yes.
I told Koki what was going on and so he called our home teacher to come over and assist. While we were waiting Gideon asked me," Mom can you bless me too?" With a huge smile on my face I briefly explained how the Priesthood works. After my explanation he just shrugged and said, "Okay".
It's amazing how a little 3 year-old can provide a faith building experience. I'm grateful Gideon allowed me and his dad the opportunity to see the Priesthood at work.
5 comments:
Marion, you sound so much like me. My husband also is so much more sensitive than I. Maybe it was the way we were raised. I'm also terrible if they get sick during the night. They know better not to wake me up, they go straight to Bryan. What a beast of a mom I am. I love the faith of a child and knowing that a priesthood blessing from their daddy will help them feel better. Love you Mar.
What a sweet little experience! I love stories like that!
I love that story- it's nice to hear about those sweet experiences! I love the picture of Gideon with the blanket. It looks like the "feel better" blanket. Didn't your Jo make it?
sorry, I meant to write did your sister in law, Jo, make it. Not did your Jo make it. Excuse my typ-os.
Yes, Jo made it for Joy. You have a great memory Nancy :)
Post a Comment