Thursday, October 2, 2008

It's in the Genes

Anyone in my family will tell you that I have the biggest sweet tooth of them all. I have always been that way. Let me give you an idea. One day I met up with my mom and the only thing I had eaten was liccorice, donuts, and an icee. Very bad I know. I'm working on it though and I try to make sure my kids don't get the same bad food habits as me. Key word, TRY.

The other day I was feeding Jarom and I observed something a little alarming. I fed him green beans first then right after I fed him pears. See what you think...

Is it just me??? At 6 months old is my child already developing a sweet tooth? At this point all I can say is it must be in the genes!

14 comments:

Amy @MoMomma said...

Oh my gosh, too funny! I have the biggest sweet tooth also - and I think little Austin does too! When he wants a snack the first things he asks for are cookie, apple juice and yogurt (Am I a bad mom or what!?) LOL

Lindsay and Mike said...

Too cute! I have a mega sweet tooth too if it makes you feel better!

The Smiths said...

That is hilarious! I love the green bean crying followed by, "Yeah, yeah, give me those pears!" I can relate to the urgency he expresses towards sweets. :)

Kelli Proctor said...

so cute! Hey I saw your comment on Rachel Hoods blog and got so excited! I am totally going to link your blog to ours, it will be so fun to keep up with you guys! Our blog is rogproctorfam.blogspot.com. You guys are the cutest!

Kelli Proctor said...

oh I noticed you know Jobi, how do you guys know them?

summersfamily said...

Please stop forcing your kid to eat something you wouldn't :) GIVE HIM THE PEARS!

Jobi Niu said...

ha ha ha ha I'm Laughing out loud that's hilarious! That's EXACTLY how I am.

T.I.D.S.A.H. said...

Marion - you should be nominated for mother of the year!!!! Babies aren't stupid, green beans look, smell and taste bade. PEARs YUMMY!!! iT'S NATURALLY IN THE HANNEMANN BLOOD. Don't you remember our family get togethers growing up? We had sometimes more desserts than REAL food. And all of the aunties would sneak and hide the desserts. Just thought I would refresh your memory. hahaha Your kids are so cute!!! lOVE YOU, tONYA

kelly said...

Dude, thats mine too, it just must be the beans....How are you! Hope our paths get to cross sometime soon! love kelly

Kerri said...

soo cute! What a sweet boy.

Cheryl said...

That is so funny. It really must be in the genes.

Cindi said...

Funny. It's all about the good stuff. Life is too short (of course, apparently it will be shorter if we only eat the good stuff).

Celeste said...

That is so cute. I played them both at the same time and it was funny to watch the difference in his facial expressions.

And hey,what's wrong with a sweet tooth anyway!??! :)

Jessica Sandberg said...

So cute. I feel so bad for the poor baby. I was almost gagging watching him eat the green beans! What cruelty.