Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Happy Birthday to Me

My birthday was back in December but I'm just now getting around to blog about it. Leading up to my birthday I kept telling Koki I wanted him to surprise me and be spontaneous. He always isn't sure if I really mean it and wonders what budget I have in my head for him to spend. I ruined him in the past cause he went all out one year and I couldn't enjoy it cause of the money...ANYWAY, I really meant it this year when I told him do whatever he wanted. I'd be fine with it.

He did an awesome job. I requested a simple breakfast this year of granola and yogurt. After breakfast he sent me away to go get a pedicure. I talked my sister into joining me there and it was great. When I got home he had my really good friend that's a massage therapist there and I had an hour and a half massage while he kept the boys quiet in the basement. I tried not to fall asleep on her but it was really hard. She did a great job.

When the massage was done I came downstairs and my boys gave me their presents. They were so excited. Koki gave me the present I requested, a clean basement! Something I totally wasn't expecting was letters in the mail that day from him and my boys. I think it's safe to say his spontaneous side is coming back and I'm loving it.

The rest of the day was a date with my husband. My sister took the kids overnight while we shopped at the mall (Koki H..A..T..E..S the mall but he was a good sport), went to a movie, and ate out.

Overall it was a wonderful birthday and he totally raised the bar when it's his turn.

The boys all picked something for me from the dollar store. It was fun to see what they thought I'd like. (Excuse the no make up. I had to wipe it off after the massage cause it smeared everywhere)

Isaac gave me this Frisbee. He had a huge smile on his face when I opened it.

Drum roll...Clean basement #1

Clean Basement #2

This was where the boys were hiding out while I was getting a massage. I didn't hear a thing.

No comments: