Monday, December 5, 2011

7 Going on 30



This post is dedicated to my oldest child who at times seems to be an adult trapped in a kid's body. Overnight Gideon seems to have matured a ton. I count on him so much to help me with his brothers and sister. I really think he has been my saving grace. In the morning I'll hear him tell his brothers to get ready and do their chores. He'll come and get the baby when she starts to cry. He even makes his siblings something to eat when I can't get out of bed. With his new found maturity he has taken the liberty to give Koki and I some life insights.

The other night we were eating dinner and the boys asked Koki if he told me about the money he gave to help a family at work. Koki and I smiled and he told them that I know about the money and I was okay with it. Then Gideon chimed in," You know mom, you get crazy when it comes to money." I started laughing and Koki felt the need to stick up for me and say that I've taught him a lot about money and being smart with it. The explanation must've not been good enough cause Gideon just smiled and said, "Yeah, but mom is c..r..a..z..y when it comes to money."
I can neither confirm nor deny his accusations ;)

Koki had his own experience with Gideon sharing his insights with him on disciplining Isaac. I'll let Koki tell that story another time. It's a good one!

Gideon was student of the month at school. When he brought the note home he said
"Mom, you're going to be there right?!!?"
When I woke up from a nap I found this note
stuck on the bathroom door
Helping feed the baby before church so I can get ready
He loves to hold his sister whenever he can

No comments: