Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Football Saturdays

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I love our Saturdays. I love going from one kids game to another. Its what I grew up doing and one of my fondest memories from childhood. The boys football season is in full affect. They are all doing great. Jarom has been playing quarterback. When the coaches told Jarom he was going to play quarterback he came to the car after practice so excited mainly cause he gets to wear the wristband with all the plays on it. He's such a cute quarterback.  Isaac finally had his first game this last weekend. Isaac did so good. He even had two touchdowns! There were a few balls that were thrown to Isaac that were a little far. After the game he said, " Mom, do you know why I didn't dive after those balls?,,,cause I didn't want to ruin my shorts." After I laughed a little we both agreed he should wear shorts he doesn't care about at the next game. I'm so happy with how much Gideon has grown throughout this football season. It was a lot more demanding than any sport he's ever played. He had some moments that I'm sure he wanted to quit but he stuck with it and little by little his attitude about football started changing. The night Koki and I left to Ulu's wedding I picked Gideon up from practice. It was a pretty hard practice and Gideon was very upset about how things played out that night. My heart went out to him. I just wanted to make things better. In true Gideon fashion despite the disappointments he faced that night he found some silver lining. I worried about him the whole time we were on vacation and then the day of his game I started getting text from Rene that Gideon is playing and doing awesome. He even had a kick return for about 20 yards and was yelling at the team to get fired up. I was so happy for him. Since then he's been on a roll with football.  He is a great example of endurance. 

The day may have been a little long for the girls. 

Jarom at his first game. 

In between games. Car rides are their favorite. 


Gideon's team at halftime


No comments: