Almost three months later I am finally getting around to talk about trek. It was an amazing opportunity. Koki and I were asked to go with the youth in our stake as Ma's and Pa's. We were asked about two and a half weeks before it occured because a couple had backed out. We were both more than happy to do it but I did get some minor hesitation when I realized we wouldn't be able to take our phone's, no shower for 3 days, and nothing but port a potty's. Despite all the missed luxuries I survived and am so glad we went.
I looked at Koki in a different light throughout the week. I felt very close to my husband and had to lean on his strength physically, spiritually, and emotionally numerous times. I remeber the first night was hard for me because my kids were being taken from one person to another that day and I had no way to check if they were ok. I got Koki's attention and he knew I needed him to walk with me. He just let me cry and share my sadness. Then, being the man that he is, I remember he gave me a big hug and said our kids were just fine and to have faith, this is where we were suppose to be. That was the begininning of a lot of great lessons for me. I can't say I'd jump at the chance to go again but if asked I couldn't say no.
Koki had such a great attitude the whole week. He worked so hard pulling and helping our boys.
Here is our before all the dirt and sweat picture. This was the first day.
I just love this picture.
This is what we slept and walked in for three days. Isn't it a beauty???
6 comments:
awesome! What an amazing experience to have been able to have! You guys must be special people to have been asked to go..glad you got to experience this!
I'm so happy that you and Koki were there to share the experience with all of us! It really was quite an amazing adventure and definitely changed my life!
I'm so glad you guys were there. We LOVED sharing a tarp with you. :) It was great to get to know you a little better and see how awesome you are with the youth. You've been a great sport this summer Marion! Lots of dirt, lots of nighttime camping ... you rock.
sounds like you guys had an awesome experience! i wanted to see the "After" picture of you guys in your pioneer clothes!
What an awesome opportunity! You do have a great husband and you are a great woman yourself! Those kids were so lucky to have you and Koki as their Ma and Pa. Isn't it these types of experiences that shape and mold your character and life?
good for you guys. though i too was looking for the "after" picture. :)
Post a Comment