Sunday, August 23, 2015

13 Years

We celebrated our Anniversary yesterday. Koki wanted to sleep in and I wanted a clean house. It was a win win situation. Malia and Tiana came over to stay with the older kids and mom watched Sale. We went to the temple and did sealings. I love reminiscing about our wedding day. I love hearing our sealing covenant.  Its my favorite wedding tradition.

 After the temple mom said Sale was sleeping and we could go out to eat. We were on our way when a little boy wasn't paying attention on his bike and when he saw us it startled him so bad he totally ate it. He was ok but banged up pretty bad. We waited till the ambulance got there then left to Chili's.  That's our go to restaurant. We were trying to get up the nerve to ask for a free dessert for our anniversary but both of us were to chicken to do it. Still good choice for food.

We went to pick up Sale then headed to the movies. We decided we deserved a real movie and not a free movie at the sticky shoe, aka Towne Cinema, in American Fork. Well worth the money. We saw Mission Impossible 4. I really liked it. Sale was so good in the movie too.

Our night ended at Cold Stone. Rene told us to share a pint its cheaper so that's exactly what we did. It was delicious. Typically we head to Wal Mart after every date but I resisted. One thing we did for each other was post on FB. Well actually Koki started it with a post in the morning. It was awesome. I had to get a post in before the day was over too.  I loved our Anniversary. It was perfect.

****FACEBOOK POST****
13 years today! She's an amazing wife and mother. She means everything to me and is my best friend. I love her so much! Here are some lessons learned over the years:

First 5 years:
-Don't get expensive gifts and just clean her house
-You don't actually dry your hand w/a decorative towel...
-She loves action movies even more than I do
-Don't follow her from room to room during an argument - She wants SPACE
-As awkward and hard as it was at first, family home evening is key

Years 6-10:
-She likes roses and some gifts again but still better clean her house
-Dates are great, but going to the temple isn't considered a date
-"Yes, you can go play basketball" can sometimes mean yes, but can also mean "stay home and watch a movie with me" or "take yor kids so I can go to sleep"
-A girls night out for Marion is a great time for cereal and no baths at home
-If you don't see something made for dinner, don't ask what's for dinner

Years 10-13:
-Marion is the glue in our family
-Go to bed mad at each other, sleep helps a lot
-Take the kids whenever possible
-Bring home a kit kat after work
-"nothing is wrong" means "I shouldn't have to say what's wrong, you should already know"
---------
 
I don't know how in the world I can top your post but I will say this. I wanted to marry a man just like my dad. A man that honors his Priesthood. A man that treats me like I'm worth all the treasure in the world. A man that tells me I'm beautiful even when it's 5 at night and I haven't showered or brushed my hair. I wanted a man whose love for God and my Savior, Jesus Christ, was undeniable. Who would lead my family back to Him.
I was lucky to find that man and extremely blessed when you chose me back. Happy 13th hon!

No comments: