Friday, September 4, 2015

BOYS BOYS BOYS

Tonight we went to mom and dads for dinner. Mom invited us over for ribs. Koki's favorite. At the dinner table mom said she was really grateful for Gideon and Isaac yesterday at Zeke's game. Both boys carried their chairs and umbrella and without being asked. It always makes us happy when we hear stuff  like that. We had a nice little FHE from mom about being strong spiritually. I always appreciate that Koki is so supportive of going to families house. Especially my parents.

This weekend Gideon went on his first camp out as a scout. Koki was impressed with him because he twisted his ankle on a rock and so Koki offered to carry his bag but Gideon said it was okay and carried it all by himself for the whole hike. I was so glad Koki went with him. Its hard to trust your kids overnight with other adults. I told Koki I wanted him to go to every camp out. He just laughed and said it'd be good for Gideon to go to some on his own. I don't know about that. He said Gideon was a really good worker and that he was putting the tent away by himself and then the other two boys went and helped. I love the young man he is becoming.

                            
                                                   Gideon's first scout camp out
                                 
                                                  Koki said he loved playing with fire
                                  


Without Isaac knowing Koki saw him at church today helping a lady whose hands were full and Isaac offered to help carry some stuff. He is such a helpful boy. Isaac said this week he asked his teacher if there was any homework. The teacher said there wasn't and he said he was bummed. Whose kid is this LoL? I know for a fact I never wanted homework and I'm pretty sure his dad was the same way. Isaac has always loved school. He really enjoys learning.
                                    
Isaac is always so willing to serve. Massaging dad's feet.

                                       
After Jarom's football practice Tuesday we went for a quick trip to Wal Mart. We ended up staying a little longer than he expected (some how I always know Wal Mart trips are never quick). When we were finally done we went to the car and I couldn't find the keys. We went back inside, retraced all my steps and still nothing. We said a prayer. Koki was at home when I called to give him the ETA update. He said to ask Jarom where he thought the keys were. Jarom said maybe the car. We went back and sure enough it was on the passenger seat. We had to call a locksmith to get our key out it was almost two hours later. When we were waiting for the locksmith in I told Jarom it was so fun being on a date with him. He made this face, head down, squinty nose, eyes wide. He said, "M..O..M...ITS NOT A DATE." I thought that was so funny, I kept teasing him throughout the night and he would just smile. I enjoyed getting one on one time with him. It doesn't seem like I do it enough.
                                            
                                                                During our "Date"

Sale started holding his bottle today. I was so excited. He also has been scooting around like crazy. He moves all over the place. Still not a crawler but i can see that its coming soon. The other day he bit me while I was nursing. I decided it was time to go solely to bottle. Today was the first day. So far so good. Friday after the boys Westlake football game I put Sale in his stroller and didn't strap him. He ended up scooting his way out and hitting the floor. I was so scared for him. Dad and Jay gave him a blessing in dads truck. That night Koki was at the camp out with Gideon so I just slept in Sale's room with him. I barely slept cause every noise he made I woke up to check on him. Thankfully he was okay.
He loves tummy time

5 1/2 months

Almost ready to crawl
                                                         














No comments: