Lately we've been trying to ask the kids what blessings they had in the day from Heavenly Father. We try to do it at night before the kids go to bed. Its been really neat to see them see God's hand in their live. I believe they are learning and gaining a testimony of prayer at a very young age. Its been really good for me to do this as well. I know everything we have is a blessing and I always want to remember it is because of God not myself that we are given these blessings on a daily basis.
Something that I started this month was listening to the Book of Mormon. I am trying to finish it in 40 days before general conference. Its been such a testimony builder for me. I have learned so much from doing this and am really enjoying having the Book of Mormon be a part of my life everyday.
There was a day last week that I was so down. I felt bummed about my calling and discouraged about getting together with our family. My kids had a hard day too. Gideon came home from school trying to do his math homework. He was so overwhelmed that he couldn't stop crying. The girls kept fighting. Jarom was emotional. Isaac was worried about his sprained finger for football. It just seemed like such a bummer day, I knew the adversary was working on our family. Thankfully we prayed, we read our scriptures, and we had hope in the fact that the next day was a new one. Koki also made a very good point that we needed to start going to bed at a good time. Everyone was exhausted and that definitely didn't help the situation.
Our weekend was fun. We went on a double date with the Hunt's Friday. Saturday has become our sports day just like when I was a kid. I went to the temple that morning with our youth. As soon as I came home we left for Jarom's game at 9. It brings back such good memories. One kids game right after another. All of them did well. After the games we went to get some food storage and run some errands.
Sunday was a great day. We had our stake regional broadcast. A few things that stuck out was Sister Burton's analogy of cleaning the temple. She said in the temple they clean the smallest things. Typically we only clean the big stuff, what people can see. She said, " We are not there to clean what didn't need to be clean. We are there to keep the Lord's house from getting dirty." Something else that was quoted was Elder Maxwell when he said The submission of ones will is the only true possession we have to give. We ended the day with a potluck at our house with my family. We had a great discussion on conference and of course ate a lot.
Jaycie trying on Gigi's headbands
Saturday night starting to lose steam
Boys getting in a water day after the games Saturday
(Gideon was at a friends birthday party)
Girls joining the water fun.
Jaycie posing for the camera
Jos picks out her and Jaycie's clothes. Today they
both wore hearts.
First time Sale sat up on his own 9-10-15
Finally taking out the garden to put the new trampoline there.
Jos has become such a good helper while her
brothers are at school
This is a typical daily scene. I love how Jos is reading to them.
Jarom's first football game
Isaac
Isn't she adorable! Reading her scriptures.
He's almost ready to crawl 5 1/2 months
Koki demonstrating short shorts after the boys
kept arguing about sharing their shorts that don't fit them anymore.


















No comments:
Post a Comment