Sunday, April 19, 2020

Some Recap

We had general conference and for the first time only the prophet and a few others were able to be there. Everyone else had to join by technology. Back in the October 2019 conference President Nelson said that our upcoming conference was going to be unforgettable. April 2020 General conference was definitely unforgettable. Koki was actually chosen to sing in a multi-cultural choir for the Saturday session. As things started to progress with Covid-19 they announced that the multi-cultural choir would be postponed till the October 2020 General Conference. One of the things my kids enjoy about conference is getting together after to recap. This year we weren't able to do that in person but we did do a zoom call and got to talk about conference.

April 14 our Governor, Gary Herbert, announced that school would remain online till the end of the school year. I was kind of relieved because if they went back in session for only a few weeks that would have been hard. My kids are going to bed around midnight and not waking up till like 10 everyday. Koki has to work pretty consistent hours at home though. He doesn't love being on the computer all day. That's a whole different kind of exhaustion.

For the most part I have really loved the time my family has together. Besides Koki's work there really are no other commitments. We can just spend time together. I think one of my biggest worries is that I am not using this time wisely with my family. I don't know when we'll be given this opportunity again where we are strongly advised to stay home. Hopefully when we come out of this our family relations are a lot stronger and we appreciate each other a little more.


                                             
Our Annual Conference Store. I think the kids look forward to this. Sometimes its a little distracting for me to listen to conference because the little kids are always asking if they said certain things for their bingo. I like it though. At least its getting them to listen.

                                                 
I bought twistable crayons this year and did extra conference coloring sheets and puzzles for the kids to do while they listened. Even towards the last session the big boys started to do the puzzles.

                                                   

He came downstairs and didn't get the memo that we needed to be in 
church clothes for conference. 

We had biscuits and gravy for our breakfast
                                                 
                                                   


The boys doing a good job at listening. Their positions changed at least 5 times during conference. 

\
Our first conference zoom call with the family. I was impressed that mom and dad were able to get on. Actually thanks to Draek's help they were able to. 


We have been playing board games and card games. This game of Monopoly got put on hold shortly after it started because the kids were so LOUD and the boys kept stealing each others money.

The little kids love talking to their friends over the fence. 

Jarom and Isaac have been really into the Michael Vey books since this quaratine
started. They have a hard time putting the books down. 


The kids get creative with their activities. The blue mat has become their slip and slide and
they decided to make themselves arches for Jarom to slide under. 

\
Arm wrestling

They play in the back a lot through this thing. Our trampoline is hanging on its last leg
but they still go strong on it. 

Karaoke is another favorite during quarantine. Gideon may love the mic the most. 

We've been doing Tik Tok. Sale loves the filters. He laughs and laughs at himself. 


I took a picture the first time I went to the store with my mask and gloves. Honestly I was embarrassed. Probably the fastest trip in Wal Mart. Not everyone wears them which was worse. At least I stayed safe. 

No comments: