I realize this post is 3 months old but oh well. It seems that's how blogging is going for me. Koki turned 33 back in March. I'm going to say he had a great birthday since I planned everything. The day before his birthday we took the boys out to eat and went to Disney on Ice. If I hadn't won the tickets I would have been so bothered that it was a big waste of money. The boys liked it but they didn't LOVE it. I think it's more of a girl thing. It was a free family outing so can't complain too much. I was amazed how much money people spend on Disney stuff. I was trying to take a picture of the lady and her daughter in front of us cause the daughter was decked out with Disney stuff and they kept buying the concessions but Koki told me to stop. All in all it was fun and that was our pre-birthday celebration with the boys.
In the morning we had Gideon stay home so he could have birthday breakfast with his dad. I arranged to have my sister watch the boys while Koki and I got a night away in Salt Lake. Koki got a massage for his birthday and we stuffed our faces at Tucanos. Unfortunately,Koki had a big grant application due that night so when we got back to the hotel he had to work on that for a bit. He felt bad but it was okay cause I ended up taking a 3 hour nap. The next day we did a little shopping and met up with friends for dinner and a movie.
I love my husband. He's a wonderful man who continues to amaze me and those around him. Happy Belated Belated Belated Birthday Babe.
33 things about Koki...
#1 He takes the kitchen trash out for me cause I hate it and will let it pile forever high#2 He is the 5th child of 8
#3 He grew up in Iowa and Texas before moving to Utah
#4 He served a mission in Cali, Columbia
#5 He remembers our kids birth stories way better than I do (I'm gonna blame it on the drugs)
#6 He has a passion for singing. He's always wanted to sing and record music.
#7 His favorite sport is basketball
#8 His shoe size is 14 and sometimes 15
#9 He likes gross candy ie peeps, marshmallow peanuts, Idaho spud
#10 He's a pack rat. I have to sneak when I want to throw stuff away cause he always finds a reason to keep them.
#11 He loves people and sees the best in everyone. One time he called to bring a homeless kid home. I denied us of those blessings.
#12 He loves wires. We have a bin full of different cables and wires that I've wanted to throw away but he has a useful purpose for each one.
#13 He's a basketball shorts and t-shirt kind of guy. When we were dating he said he liked it when I dressed down.
#14 He has a full head of hair but I always ask him to shave his head.
#15 He likes easy family outings. Our boys get this from him, they'll usually pick going to a park over driving somewhere to do something.
#16 He can dance. I wish people could see how good of a dancer he is. In college he did some hip hop performances and I LOVED watching him.
#17 He's hot. Of course to me he's physically hot but literally the man gets hot in seconds. Good thing our van has two different control settings for the passenger and driver sides.
#18 He's a perfectionist. If you want something done right ask Koki not me. He does everything right. I like to throw stuff together.
#19 He loves to serve. Koki looks for ways to serve people daily. He'll work for hours helping others before realizing he has stuff he needs to get done too.
#20 He gets carsick. On road trips he's always the driver cause he gets nauseous turning back and forth to help the kids.
#21 He loves listening to Brian McNight and Boyz II Men
#22 He always locks the doors. If I go outside to talk to a neighbor usually when I come back in the door is locked.
#23 He speaks Spanish and uses it everyday at work.
#24 He's a paper shredder lover. He doesn't like me to throw any mail away. We have a shred pile in our cupboard.
#25 He's a recycle man. At family parties Koki goes around and collects the cans and bottles to recycle.
#26 His name is Robert Wilcox Cline
#27 He was the student body president in high school
#28 He and his friends set up a pretend robbery to ask girl's to a dance. The girl's were in tears and scared to death before they realized what was really going on.
#29 He likes fruit desserts
#30 He likes to watch boring TV according to me like the History Channel
#31 He's a spur of the moment kind of guy. He did an assembly at school with about 10 minutes to prepare because the presenter didn't show.
#32 He's the family MC. Koki is usually asked to MC all family weddings and events.
#33 He's the BEST husband, dad, brother, son, and friend!
1 comment:
ok this post was a complete crack up. there was a reason brent and koki were such good friends - i swear Brent matched up with at least 20 of those 33 things.
Post a Comment