Feb 14-17: Koki and I were in Texas visiting his siblings. I remember us having a conversation about the coronavirus in Asia. We talked about the cruise ship that had a lot of people isolated with the virus and how American citizens were brought back to an army base in Texas that were on the ship in Asia to be quarantined. I remember when we went to the airport our kids were worried we'd get the virus and told us we should wear masks. We told them we'd be okay. We washed our hands and things seemed pretty normal when we traveled.

Our trip to Texas with Koki's siblings was perfect. Loved spending time with them.

Of course there was a lot of Karaoke. I mean its the Cline's! Its to be expected.

Luka taught us a new game, Catan. We all are addicted.

Picture before church and when Dan and Luka were leaving.

We definitely want to do this again!

Our trip to Texas with Koki's siblings was perfect. Loved spending time with them.

Of course there was a lot of Karaoke. I mean its the Cline's! Its to be expected.

Luka taught us a new game, Catan. We all are addicted.

Picture before church and when Dan and Luka were leaving.

We definitely want to do this again!
March 1st - Rene Called me really stressed about the virus. She was on her way to Vegas for Mattyn's Soccer tournament (Jarom actually went with them) and asked me to please go to Costco and get them and us food. I actually laughed when she told me but then that night we were reading that there were people in the US that were getting it so Koki went the next morning to Costco to get us stuff. Costco opens at 10. Koki got there around 11 am and all the toilet paper and Kirkland water bottles were gone. People were really stocking up on those things. Thankfully he got us what we needed and we felt good.
March 5th- Jo texted me that they wanted to buy us food. By Wednesday of that week Jo came over with a ton of food for our family. She told us she thought we may have 2-3 weeks before it hits the US hard but to started getting what our family needs now.
Week of March 8-14. More and more cases of the coronavirus started to show up in the US. The government started asking people to start social distancing themselves. No gatherings of people of 100 or more. Also, the church announced that conference would be broadcast without anyone attending. Only general authorities and the choir would be able to attend at the conference center. By the weekend the church announced no more church activities or Sacrament meetings. Church was to be done at home beginning March 15th. Also, the kids schools announced school was cancelled March 16 and 17th so teachers could transition to online learning. We did celebrate Koki's birthday on the 11th by going bowling (it was before everything got shut down). He also did a combined ym/yw activity on mental health (we had no idea that would be the last activity till who knows when). **side note on Koki's birthday the NBA shut down until further notice.
Week of March 15th-21st. On Sunday, March 15th we had our first sacrament meeting and church services at our house. It was actually a really beautiful experience. The night before we talked to our kids and asked them how they thought church should go. They all said we should get in our church clothes and figured an outline for us. We also were given permission to do the sacrament in our homes. The boys prepared the sacrament for us before our church started. Isaac conducted and Koki lead the meeting. He had us watch a mormon message about the restoration and opened it for testimonies. Gideon volunteered to do a "primary" class for the younger kids while the rest of us studied (that was for about 30 minutes). When we all got back together those of us who studied were to prepare a Come Follow Me message (about 5 minutes). After that we had a closing prayer and church was over. I had such a strong testimony of our prophet and apostles and how they really do talk to God for us. We learned last year in conference about the church moving towards home centered church supported. Its amazing that we were being prepared for this time. Had we been doing church like we've always done this instant church to doing it at home may have cause a little panic but we've been doing Come Follow Me for a year now and it just seemed like we were already trained for this. Amazing revelation from our church leaders.
Our first church at home. It brought an amazing spirit watching my boys
prepare the sacrament.
Gideon and his primary class
Jarom teaching us about being strong like the base of the tree
Dad teaching about reprentance
Isaac did the lesson from Come Follow Me and had us
draw someone we
admire
Monday, March 16th- My baby Sale's birthday. We had to change quite a bit of plans because of the virus. Originally he wanted to go bowling but because of social distancing we had to change that plan. Instead we went to the park (I was a little stressed out about doing this too but we were outside, brought a lot of hand sanitizer, and tried to stay to ourselves at the park). While we were at the park President Trump had a press conference and and asked that we limit our social groups to 10 or less to help prevent the spread of the virus. (I will write a post about my baby and his birthday separate).
Our birthday boy
Wednesday, March 18th- 7:09 am the house started to shake. Koki and I realized we were in the middle of an earthquake. More panic, specifically in the state of Utah. It was measured at 5.9. That was a good wake up call for me to get my 72 hour kids ready. When Koki went to fill his car up he said the gas station was packed. Surprisingly I felt like this was a sign from God. Just a little reminder to his kids to keep getting ready. (on a side note most movie theaters, bowling alleys, trampoline parks, etc have been closed).
Thursday, March 19th- Took the kids to the gas station to get drinks. The cups for the drinks are now at the counter. The ladies have to put a glove on to get your cups. You can not refill anymore. Donuts in the case are individually wrapped with no doors on the case. The shake machine can not be used anymore. I felt stress having my little kids in there because they wanted to touch everything. Germs is a big deal right now. No one wants to touch what others have. Also anyone coughing freaks people out. Coughing is one of the symptoms of the virus.
Saturday, March 21st- My dad's birthday. Originally mom bought tickets to take dad to Seattle for CJ's XFL game. When things started to get serious in the US they cancelled those plans. (Eventually the rest of Cj's season was cancelled because of COVID-19. Along with all concerts, all other sporting events, etc.) Mom was then going to do a staycation with dad but over and over again the news urged people to stay home. People stopped traveling, hotels started to become more and more vacant, shopping malls were getting closed. We've also been told people over the age of 60 are high risk to stay inside as much as possible. With all those warnings mom decided it was best for dad and her to stay home. We did take turns as families to visit mom and dad. We had the kids stay outside too and tried to keep them at distance as much as possible. At night us adults went over for Karaoke and dessert. I missed being able to celebrate my dad how we normally would but I really loved that at least we could still go over there and see him and spend time with him. I love my dad so much!
Saturday, March 21st- My dad's birthday. Originally mom bought tickets to take dad to Seattle for CJ's XFL game. When things started to get serious in the US they cancelled those plans. (Eventually the rest of Cj's season was cancelled because of COVID-19. Along with all concerts, all other sporting events, etc.) Mom was then going to do a staycation with dad but over and over again the news urged people to stay home. People stopped traveling, hotels started to become more and more vacant, shopping malls were getting closed. We've also been told people over the age of 60 are high risk to stay inside as much as possible. With all those warnings mom decided it was best for dad and her to stay home. We did take turns as families to visit mom and dad. We had the kids stay outside too and tried to keep them at distance as much as possible. At night us adults went over for Karaoke and dessert. I missed being able to celebrate my dad how we normally would but I really loved that at least we could still go over there and see him and spend time with him. I love my dad so much!
The kids saw dad for a minute while we sang happy birthday. Then we left them outside
while dad went in and opened his present ( a picture book),
Matty came with his kids but they stayed in the back. This was right before Matty
took them home. We brought them in to sing happy birthday.
Adults and Karaoke
March 22nd- The governor of Utah announced that schools dismissal will extend till May 1st. I actually am not minding home school. I like that my kids aren't on any schedule. Its nice that the teachers are doing everything for us too.
March 25th- Found out one of the counties in Utah, Summit county, is home bound which means they are asking all their residents to only go out for essential things. No public gatherings. If they do not abide its a class b misdemeanor.
Also, the church announced all temples will now be temporarily closed. Before they were allowing temples to still perform live ordinances ie. marriages. Now even those are being postpones. I feel so bad for those couples who are just waiting to be sealed together. It really does make you appreciate what you have. Something that's interesting is about a year ago the church changed its policy that you no longer have to wait for a year if you get married civilly before getting sealed. You can now get sealed whenever the time is ready. God knows everything.
This experience has really been so interesting. Everyday it doesn't seem real. Like I can't believe this is actually happening. Move theaters, malls, everything seems closed, people are afraid to be close to other people for fear of getting sick. I have been reading in 3 Nephi right before Christ visits them. There were so many warnings given so many times for the people to repent. I feel like God is giving all his kids a chance to turn to Him. Repent. Remember Him. My comfort comes when I read my scriptures and say my prayers. I love that we have a prophet that speaks to God for us. I love our church leaders. So much comfort and peace comes when they speak to use. I love that God has brought everything back to the home. Its amazing how in a blink of an eye all prior engagements: sports, church, social gets cancelled and you are left with your family. I love that God is giving us this time together. We are told our homes are the next closest thing to the temple. Its nice to get my home ready for that. I'm grateful for my kids and their resilience. They teach me so much. I am also grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood. In this turmoil there is peace is we want it. That peace is through our Savior. Elder Holland had a post this morning on IG he said, "Please remember that everything you and I do will mean little or nothing unless we find Jesus at the center of it all." That's my goal for myself and my family. To make Christ the center of what we do.
***These are pictures of what grocery shelves started to look like when the cases of the virus started to show up in Utah.
March 25th- Found out one of the counties in Utah, Summit county, is home bound which means they are asking all their residents to only go out for essential things. No public gatherings. If they do not abide its a class b misdemeanor.
Also, the church announced all temples will now be temporarily closed. Before they were allowing temples to still perform live ordinances ie. marriages. Now even those are being postpones. I feel so bad for those couples who are just waiting to be sealed together. It really does make you appreciate what you have. Something that's interesting is about a year ago the church changed its policy that you no longer have to wait for a year if you get married civilly before getting sealed. You can now get sealed whenever the time is ready. God knows everything.
This experience has really been so interesting. Everyday it doesn't seem real. Like I can't believe this is actually happening. Move theaters, malls, everything seems closed, people are afraid to be close to other people for fear of getting sick. I have been reading in 3 Nephi right before Christ visits them. There were so many warnings given so many times for the people to repent. I feel like God is giving all his kids a chance to turn to Him. Repent. Remember Him. My comfort comes when I read my scriptures and say my prayers. I love that we have a prophet that speaks to God for us. I love our church leaders. So much comfort and peace comes when they speak to use. I love that God has brought everything back to the home. Its amazing how in a blink of an eye all prior engagements: sports, church, social gets cancelled and you are left with your family. I love that God is giving us this time together. We are told our homes are the next closest thing to the temple. Its nice to get my home ready for that. I'm grateful for my kids and their resilience. They teach me so much. I am also grateful for a husband who honors his priesthood. In this turmoil there is peace is we want it. That peace is through our Savior. Elder Holland had a post this morning on IG he said, "Please remember that everything you and I do will mean little or nothing unless we find Jesus at the center of it all." That's my goal for myself and my family. To make Christ the center of what we do.
***These are pictures of what grocery shelves started to look like when the cases of the virus started to show up in Utah.
When the news shared that Utah Jazz player, Donovan Mitchel, was confirmed to
have the virus people went to the stores right away and started to stalk up (3-12-2020). This was a picture from when my cousin Tupu went to Wal Mart when he got off of work that night. I luckily went to the temple that morning and when I came out the news broke. It was the last time I went to the temple before they were closed. Blessing in disguise!!

No comments:
Post a Comment